Retreats at Rivendell
We classify our retreats into different types in order to help you choose a retreat appropriate to your level of experience of meditation as taught in the Triratna Buddhist Community.
Below is a description of the types of retreat. Please click on a retreat type to see a list of retreats currently in our programme.
IntroductoryIntroductory events are marked on the calendar in GREEN and are suitable for those new to meditation as practiced within the Triratna Buddhist Community. Retreats in this category are:
- Introductory Events - Weekend and week introductions to meditation and Buddhism.
- Yoga and Meditation - Yoga retreats where an introduction to meditation is given.
RegularsRetreats for Regulars are marked on the calendar in RED and are only suitable for those who have a regular meditation practice and attend retreats, a centre or a group within the context of the Triratna Buddhist Community. Retreats in this category are:
- Yoga and Meditation with Surata - Yoga retreats for those who have already learnt to meditate with the Triratna Buddhist Community.
- Weekend Retreats - A variety of retreats on different themes for those who have already learnt to meditate on one of our introductory retreats or at another Triratna Buddhist Community urban centre or retreat.
- Meditation and Dharma Weeks - More intensive week long retreats for those with an established meditation practice.
- Awakening the Imagination - Week long retreats combining creativity and Buddhism for those who already have a meditation practice.
- Christmas and New Year Retreats - Retreats over the festive season for those who’ve learnt Triratna Buddhist Community meditation.
Order MembersThese retreats are for members of the Western Buddhist Order and are marked on the calendar in PURPLE. Retreats in this category are:
- Retreats for Order Members - Retreats for members of The Western Buddhist Order
If you are unsure about which retreat is suitable for you, please contact us we will be happy to help you.