This retreat is suitable for those new to meditation and Buddhism as practised within the Triratna Buddhist Community.
Reclaim Your Health
This mid-week event combines the benefits of being on retreat with a carefully crafted food plan and detailed learning on how to kick-start your route to health.
Daily programme includes:
- Two seminars with resources and inspiration for effective lifestyle and dietary change, including the latest research from Functional Medicine.
- Led Qi Gong, meditation and other practical tools for self-care.
- A comprehensive reset food plan designed, by the Institute of Functional Medicine for optimum gut health and detoxification, along with a daily intermittent fast.
- Periods of silence and space to enjoy the countryside and beautiful gardens of Rivendell.
Seminars will include:
- Reflective Awareness and its application to health
- Toxicity and Detoxification
- Nutritional Guidelines & Food Preparation
- The Mind - Gut - Planet Connection
- Active Life versus Chronic Stress
- Sleep and Restoration
Please note: this retreat will not provide diagnosis, cure or medical treatment for any disease. Participants need to be well enough to engage fully with the retreat. This retreat is rooted in Buddhist practice and is open to everyone. Led by Satyadasa & Joanna Niccalā of Standing Body CIC.
Bookings for this retreat will NOT be processed through Rivendell. For information & booking please contact:
Joanna Niccalā is an acupuncturist, Functional Medicine and Qi Gong practitioner, trained in London and China. She has studied with Dr Klinghardt and the Institute of Functional Medicine. She works at Pathways Clinic in East London and lived at Amaravati Buddhist monastery for four years.
Satyadasa is a member of the Triratna Buddhist Order and an ADAPT Health Coach in Functional Medicine. Satyadasa is also the Buddhist tutor at Eton College.
Room Availability and Price:
Prices range from £450 to £650. Small number of single rooms available and camping spaces. Email for full details.
Retreat Type: Introductory Events - Open to all
Date: Sunday, July 12, 2020 to Friday, July 17, 2020 (The retreat runs Sunday 5pm to Friday 11am).