This retreat is for members of the Triratna Buddhist Order.
This is a fundraising online retreat and costs £80 to book, plus a recommended donation of £60-90 (this can be paid at the booking checkout).
1. That the automated booking confirmation that you will receive will contain information that relates to a residential retreat, so please ignore that. It would cost money that we don't currently have to change our systems to reflect the circumstances of these special online events.
2. You will receive a joining email from us close to the start of each event (ideally the day before), with a Zoom link that will work for the whole of that particular retreat online event.
3. Zoom is a simple online communications platform that is very easy to use. If you have not used it before, we suggest that you download this programme and install for free before your retreat is due to take place. You can find the programme at this link: https://zoom.us/download. If you have any questions about using Zoom, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do you practise a Mahayana sutra? Maybe you’ve never really ‘got’ what they are about, or they have felt too other-worldly to connect with emotionally. Maybe you did the study, even read Sangharakshita’s commentary, but then what? How do you take it deeper into your being, so that its vision and wisdom affect your whole life? During this week we’ll take some of the teaching of the Vimalakirti Nirdesha and try out methods to take it into our heart-mind. We’ll explore aspects of both the symbolic and verbal teaching, and feel our way towards the ‘thunderous silence’ that lies at the heart of it all.
The week will include presentations from Vessantara, guided meditations, small group discussions and some evening devotional practice.
*Schedule for retreat
There will be 3 sessions a day:
1) 10.00am UK/ 11.00am Central Europe/ 2.30pm India/ 7.00pm Sydney/ 9.00pm Auckland/ 2.00am San Francisco / 4.00am Mexico City / 5.00am New York (two hours)
2) 4.00pm UK/ 5.00pm Central Europe/ 8.30pm India/ 1.00am Sydney/ 3.00 am Auckland/ 8.00am San Francisco/ 10.00am Mexico City/ 11.00am New York (an hour + 30 minutes of small groups)
3) 7.30pm UK/ 8.30pm Central Europe/ 12.00am India/ 4.30am Sydney/ 6.30am Auckland/ 11.30am San Francisco/ 1.30pm Mexico City/ 2.30pm New York (90 minutes)
The first day will start with Session 1 and the last day will end with Session 3.
*Please note that these timings may be subject to change.
Prices for this event are: £80